BROADSWORD MINIATURES

Monday 4 March 2013

MONSTER MANUAL MONDAY 9

Went to Overlord at Abingdon yesterday, a nice little show. The bring and buy was not too exciting but I did discover Ainsty castings were selling a load of old Ral Partha and Grenadier blisters (at modern prices sadly). I picked up some Lizardmen and a couple of packs of Ral Partha Orcs, and also (mega find) a Ral Partha Bear Chariot of the Icelands. I own 2 already but it is a lovely figure and just small enough to use with 20mm figures as well. Robin (oldest son) grabbed some Grenadier barbarians from EM4 and an Orc Warlord, so it was quite a good trip.

I haven't had time to post any Oldhammer goodness, but am 75% through my unit of Chronicle hobgoblins so should be able to get those up next week.

Here is a nice offering from Heritage who made lovely chunky figures back in the late 70's. A Wight. Not how I would imagine the ones that dwell in barrows, but clearly based on the Monster Manual artwork.


A nice touch with the Heritage Dungeon Dweller range was the base sculpted to look like flagstones.

Last week I received a very nice parcel from Gareth the Grot over at  Drums in the Deep . He very kindly sent me a GW battlemat after I mentioned I was thinking of getting one. He is replacing it with some purpose built boards and had no further use for it. Thanks Gareth, much appreciated, hopefully I will be spurred to get some retro terrain to go on it.



4 comments:

  1. Lovely paint job on an old mini. Always think these old sculpts don't shine until a bit of paint has been splashed. Wights always give me the fear with all their level draining.

    Let us know how the mat plays, have been considering replacing my veteran green cloth with one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a good day out lead wise.I await the hobgoblins with interest...
    cheers
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the Hobgoblins - nice work on the Wight too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gormenghast is one terrific book! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete